Here are twelve things that blow me away when I stop to notice them. Every one of these must be noticed, not just by looking, but by soaking them in. This list came to me in about 15 minutes. I’m sure I missed some doozies, but I wanted to keep it short and spontaneous.
- A rising full moon on the horizon
- Seeing the silhouette of my aircraft moving back and forth on a billowy cloud
- The birth of a child
- The love and detail in Norman Rockwell paintings
- The power and expanse of the ocean
- The bravery of men and women in the face of combat
- The 10-12 absolutely spectacular sunrise/sunsets that occur each year
- The creativity of people from Michelangelo and Da Vinci to Edison and Hawking
- The infinity of space
- A family walking together holding hands
- The carpet of stars on a dark clear night
- The Bentley Continental GT Speed Convertible
My list goes from shameless to schmaltzy and, not surprisingly, most have to do with nature. I’m guessing half of the things on this list may not have occurred to you. I hope so because it would be a shame to miss the wonder and appreciation of the special and unique aspects of our world that you may also appreciate if considered.
And, of course, I am absolutely blown away by the #powerofdadhood !
What amazing things blow you away?